At this time, the Sublette County Clerk of District Court's office will process passports by appointment only. Please call 307.367.4376 to make an appointment.

Routine passport processing time is currently taking between 10 and 13 weeks to process. 
Expedited passport processing time is 7 to 9 weeks to process. Please apply early!

Renewal and Name Change forms available in the Clerk of District Court’s office.

Passport Requirements

The Clerk of District Court is a passport acceptance facility. Passport applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. each business day. To apply for a passport, you will need the following:

Passport Application: You can obtain an application either from this office, or you can download a form and obtain information from the U.S. Department of State.

Proof of Citizenship: The proof of citizenship (birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, or old passport) will be mailed to the Passport Agency with your passport application and returned with your passport. You will need to present one of these documents:

  • A certified copy of your birth certificate, issued by the Department of Vital Records
  • A previous passport
  • An original Certificate of Naturalization

One Passport Photo: It must be 2" x 2", full face with a white background.

          Passport Photos

Government-Issued Identification: A Driver’s license or other approved government-issued identification.

          Passport IDs


  • Application Fee: The fee to the Clerk of District Court is $35 and can be paid via check, cashier’s check, credit card, money order or cash.  You MUST provide a check, cashier’s check or money order to the US Department of State for the passport fee.
  • Ages 16 and older: $130 to the US Department of State and $35 to the Clerk of District Court = $165
  • Ages 16 and under: $100 to US Department of State and $35 to the Clerk of District Court = $135
  • Expedited services are an additional $60 to the US Department of State.  (Please include the same payment as the application fee in one check, cashier’s check or money order form.)


If you are applying for a passport for a child under the age of 16, both parents must appear with the child to sign the passport application and provide identification. There are also authorization forms available at the U.S. Department of State website if one of the parents is unable to appear. Please call the Clerk of District Court Office at (307) 367-4376 for situations such as sole custody.

Minor Passports